Ryanair, like most low-cost airlines, requires passengers to check-in online before arriving at the airport, otherwise they will be obliged to pay an airport check-in fee or, in extreme cases, they will not be allowed to board the plane.
Online check-in should be done on the airline website with adding the necessary data on your own. Ryanair check-in opens 24 hours before departure and closes 2 hours before departure.
How to check-in for a Ryanair flight
- Go to the Ryanair website.
- Select the ‘Reservation number’ tab.
- Enter your reservation number and the email used to book your ticket on eSky.
- After proceeding to the next stage:
- if you already have a Ryanair account, select the "Log in" tab and enter your Ryanair account details;
- if you do not already have a Ryanair account, select the "Registration" tab and follow the instructions to create an account.
- After logging into your account, select the flight that you wish to check-in for.
- Proceed to the flight details screen, then click on the button that leads to the online check-in form.
- Fill in the required details following the instructions provided to receive your boarding passes.
Online check-in with Ryanair
|Online check-in opens||Online check-in closes|
|24 hours prior to departure||2 hours prior to departure|
Important! Once check-in is closed by the airline, it can no longer be done, even at the airport.
What information is required when checking in online?
Ryanair airlines require detailed information that is necessary to create a boarding pass and thereby allocate the passenger a seat on a plane. It includes:
- date of birth,
- travel document type (identity card or passport card),
- identity card number,
- country of issue,
- expiry date.
Important! Required information may vary depending on the route and entry regulations of the country of arrival.
The document provided during online check-in must be presented with the boarding passes before boarding the plane.
Ryanair’s fee for arriving at the airport without your printed boarding pass
There is a penalty for the lack of a boarding pass during boarding with Ryanair. Additional charges are:
- €/£20 - a reprint fee which applies when a passenger checked in but does not have a printed boarding pass (possible up to 40 minutes before the time of departure),
- €/£55 - an airport check-in fee.