Wizz Air, like most low-cost airlines, requires passengers to check-in online before arriving at the airport. Those who do not do it before turning up at the airport will be charged by the airline with additional fees.
How to check in online with Wizz Air. Once the airline has enabled check-in, please complete the check-in process on the airline's website and enter the necessary details using your Wizz Air account. Wizz Air check-in opens 24 hours before departure and closes 3 hours before departure.
How to check in for a Wizz Air flight
- Go to the Wizz Air website
- Select the “Sign in” tab, and then:
- If you already have an account set up with the email address used for booking a ticket with eSky, enter your login details
- If you do not have an account, or if your account is registered with a different email address to the one used for booking a ticket with eSky, register using the email address mentioned above
- Once logged in, Wizz Air will ask you for your flight booking number and passenger name. You can find your flight booking number on your e-ticket
- Once you have access to your booking details, select online check-in
- Follow the instructions and enter the required details to receive your boarding passes.
In addition, your Wizz Air account enables you to independently manage your booking. You can purchase extra luggage, seats, or priority boarding, as well as make changes to your booking such as the date or route of your flight.
Online check-in with Wizz Air
Online check-in opens
Online check-in closes
24 hours prior to departure*
3 hours prior to departure
* For purchased seats check-in is available 30 days before departure.
Important! Once check-in is closed by the airline, it can no longer be done, even at the airport.
What information is required when checking in online
Wizz Air requires certain information that is necessary to create a boarding pass and allocate the passenger a seat on a plane. This information usually includes:
- date of birth,
- travel document type (identity card or passport card),
- identity card number,
- country of issue,
- date of issue and expiry date.
Important! Required information may vary depending on the route and entry regulations of the country of arrival.
The document used to provide information when checking in online should be brought to the airport and produced during boarding.
No boarding pass at the airport with Wizz Air
If the passenger does not produce a boarding pass, Wizz Air staff will not permit them to board a plane. The money for the unused ticket will be refunded after deducting fees of EUR 80 for additional services and unused seat.
Important! Online check-in is not available for flights departing from the following airports:
- Tirana (flights to Budapest only),
- Agadir-Al Massira.
For the flights departing from the above airports free check-in at the airport will be carried out. It is recommended that passengers arrive at the airport 2 hours before the scheduled departure time.